Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sooner than later...

Well as most of you know by now we had a bit of a scare this week. It all started with a dr. visit on Thursday. The visit was supposed to be to check my glucose levels, which were fine. But soon turned into me telling her about the contractions I thought I was having, so she examined me. Well opps, a little more than 2cm. So she was a bit concerned b/c I was still only in my 33rd week. So she sent me over to the hospital to get steroid shots,ultra sound and to be monitored overnight. It all started off kinda ok. Then next thing we knew the contractions were 3 min. apart, and then nurse came running in with meds to stop the labor. They worked very quickly. So I was later moved to a room to observe. I had more contractions and got more meds but they were not as bad the original ones from down stairs. So that happened a couple more times before we left Fri evening. Before we left they gave me another test that kinda gives them an idea if he is coming in the next week or two. The results were good, so they sent me home with meds and strict bed rest. I am supposed to go to the dr. mon. to check me out again. So we got home all seemed well. Then I started contracting at about 1:15 am until 6:00. Yeah not much sleeping. I talked to the dr. at about 3:30 and she said to watch it and intensity. If if was getting worse to go back to the hospital. So luckily they slowed. Plus I had HORRIBLE heartburn. So she thinks they may have been feeding off each other. Heartburn,contraction,heartburn contraction! You get the idea. So now it's 11:45 and I have a couple more contractions between 9:40 and now,but not as regular. So to say the least Reed may be here sooner than July 20th. The dr. wants to try and keep him in another week or two, and then she was fine to deliver him. So well try our hardest to keep him there. It is going to be a long week, if goes like last night for the next 7 days. So I will keep you all posted. Thank you everyone for sweet thoughts and concerns. And to those of you who came to visit. Smiles and fingers crossed, Katie

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Let me know what I can do to help! Dinner delivery, running errands for you, just coming by to chit-chat...