Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On this day...

This morning I woke up to the precious baby boy in these pictures. One year ago today I would have never thought that the appointment that I had at 8:30 am would give me such a gift. Through our struggles of having a baby there were days that getting out of bed to be ME without being a mommy was beyond painful. On this morning last year I was attempting my second IUI (Inter Uterine Insemination), the first had failed the month before and was just devastating. So today for me is so very special because this was the day that my angel was made. Some of you may think I am crazy to celebrate the day my child was conceived, but to to me it is the second best day in my life. The first of course being his birth of course. I also must say that to all the mommies - cherish it all. To the the people wanting to be mommies, I can't say the right words to you, because I know that no one person said words that comforted me. All I can say to you is that you are an amazing person and the struggle you are going through will make you a new person. So I have posted a couple of pictures to remember what this day one year ago has brought to my world. Happy Baby this morning.

3 months


4 weeks


He has arrived! 07/05/08 12:29 am


Oh my! Baby Belly!


Liv'n it up in Vegas one last time. March 08

Baby boy! Yeah February 08


A tummy is starting, baby is growing.


Positive test. Oh my gosh! Sunday Nov.11th, 2008


A couple of days after IUI, I was prego and didn't even know!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

What a sweet post, Katie. I am so happy for you and Nick. Reed is just precious.

Shannon said...

We're glad you are a mommy too!